Notice is hereby given to members of the Australian Evaluation Society Limited, under section J of the Constitution, that the Annual General Meeting (AGM), for the year ended 30 June 2023, of the Australian Evaluation Society Limited (AES) will be held as follows:
Wednesday 27 September 2023
commencing 5:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
in Boulevard Auditorium, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Grey Street, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
To consider the following business:
- To adopt the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on Tuesday 30th August 2022, Hall D, Adelaide Convention Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia
- To receive and consider the Annual Report of the Society’s Board, including the Financial Statements and the Auditor’s report in respect of the 12-month period ended 30 June 2023. The Society’s 2023 Annual Report and Minutes of the 2022 AGM will be sent to all members prior to the meeting
- To elect auditors, BPR Audit Pty Ltd, Authorised Audit Company, who offer themselves for election
- To announce Office Bearers and Ordinary Board Members elected during this year’s ballot under section C.27 of the Constitution.
Followed by the announcement of 2023 Fellows of the Australian Evaluation Society and launch of the AES Diversity and Inclusion Policy Statement.
Appointment of 2023 Proxy
If you are unable to attend the AGM in Brisbane, you can exercise your right to nominate a proxy so that you can have a say in the governance of the Society.
Section K of the Constitution provide for the appointment of a proxy who may vote on your behalf at the AGM under the following conditions:
- An appointment of a proxy is valid if it is signed (electronically signatures are acceptable) by the member making the appointment;
- The proxy need not be a member of the Australian Evaluation Society Limited;
- Notices of appointment of a proxy must be received by the company at least 24 hours before the start of the AGM;
- The notice appointing the proxy must be on the form attached to this notice of the meeting; and
- A copy of the Constitution is available at: https://www.aes.asn.au/evaluation-resources
Please note that only financial members of the Society, or their proxies, may participate in the Society’s business. Membership status will be checked. If you are unsure of your status, please log-in to the website, or contact
2023 Board of Directors ballot
Since the number of nominations equalled the numbers of vacant positions, under section 27.5 of the Constitution a ballot was not held this year and the candidates will be declared elected at the annual general meeting.