Welcome to the Victorian online hub
AES members across Australia and New Zealand engage with each other through networking, special interest groups, professional learning events, and many interact through their local regional group and local events.
For all members, the Victorian region offers a monthly seminar program for February through to November, as well as additional one-off events on a range of evaluation topics. Non-members are welcome to attend.
2019 Victorian Seminar program
Set out below are details of the 2019 program of seminars for the Victoria Regional Network Committee of the Australian Evaluation Society. There is no charge for the seminars (unless otherwise stated).
Venue: VicHealth Seminar Room, Ground Floor, 15-31 Pelham Street, Carlton
Time: 5.30 –7.00PM, 3rd Wednesday of each month from February to November
NOTE! Occasionally events are held at different venues, and on different dates and times. Please check the individual sessions for details.
2019 seminar dates, topics and presenters
- 20th February: From Traditional to Developmental evaluator in 12 months - Zazie Tolmer, Clear Horizon
- 21st March: Counterfactual Impact Evaluation - Evaluating business programs using the Business Longitudinal Analytic Database Environment - Professor Beth Webster, Director, Centre for Transformative Innovation, Swinburne University
- 17th April: Social Network Analysis: uses in evaluation - Matt Healey and Dan Healy, First Person Consulting
- 15th May: Lived Experience Evaluators Pilot - Anna Strempel, ACRC
- 19th June: Participatory Evaluation, from the Gaza Strip to Sydney Road, Brunswick - Tim Budge, Tribal Strategies and Alison Preston, Anglican Overseas Aid
- 17th July: Evidence Based Policy Making - What is evaluation’s role in policy making and how can we have more influence? - Eleanor Williams, Department of Health and Human Services
- 21st August: Piloting a whole-of-government model for resourcing and delivering system wide evaluation - Dr Lauren Costello and Kon Jew-Chung, Department of Premier and Cabinet, Victoria and Professor Patricia Rogers (Evidence & Evaluation Hub)
- 11th September: Digital Transformation and Evaluation - How the evaluand is becoming digital and how can we harness digital technology to stay relevant in the new world? - Jen Riley, Clear Horizon
- 16th October: TBC
- 20th November: Beyond fads and fashions: 10 evaluation books that will stand the test of time - Brad Astbury, ARTD
This regional online hub provides access to committee information, Victorian specific news and events and an online forum. Non-members have limited access to the full range of features of the regional online hubs. Find out about the benefits of membership and how to join.
Please take the time to browse the new site, including your regional online hub, and become familiar with its features.
We look forward to welcoming you to a seminar soon!
Lee-Anne Molony, Victorian Network Convenor