Located at CFA Headquarters, Burwood East
Fixed Term, Part time to 30/06/24
PTA 4 $87,830 (plus 11% superannuation)
The Country Fire Authority (CFA) is one of the world's largest, and most highly regarded, community-based emergency service organisations. We are proud of the work we do in protecting lives and property, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. CFA strives to be a values-based organisation and an organisation of choice for volunteers and employees, where people with a variety of skills, experiences and backgrounds all add value through the roles they perform.
About the Role:
The Program Evaluation Officer is part of the Planning and Governance (P&G) team in the Fire Risk, Research, and Community Preparedness department. The team perform tasks like department planning, governance management, evaluation assessments, research, data monitoring and collection and creating community and environmental risk maps.
The Program Evaluation Officer will provide technical and administrative support in a multi-disciplinary team, working closely with internal and external parties to contribute to the improvement of community engagement programs. More specifically you will be:
• Collecting documentation and data for program evaluation.
• Managing program documentation as per CFA guidelines.
• Assisting in data collection through surveys and consultations.
• Engaging stakeholders in evaluation activities.
• Supporting regional staff with monitoring systems.
• Managing digital project pages and surveys.
• Entering and reviewing data for accuracy.
• Analysing data and creating visuals.
• Developing baseline data for programs.
• Contributing to various reports.
• Tertiary degree in the field of social sciences, human sciences, community/allied health or related field. Qualification range: bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree (complete or current enrolment) with a component of monitoring and evaluation.
• Experience in program monitoring and evaluation activities, including a well-developed understanding of evaluation methods and concepts.
• High attention to detail, with the technical ability to analyse data and information from different sources, identify trends, patterns and perspectives and contribute to sense making processes.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders effectively, with experience in the collection of data and information including group facilitation.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to communicate information and results to a variety of audiences, through reports, presentations, and data visualisation.
• Excellent organisational, problem solving and time management skills, with a positive attitude to working flexibly in a changing environment.
When applying for a position with CFA, the key to progressing in the selection process is the quality of your application. Your application must demonstrate that you have the qualifications, experience, key attributes and skills required for the position.
Your application should include:
• Cover letter addressing the section criteria
Submitting your application:
When you click the 'apply' button you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details and respond to employment-related questions.
Offers of employment will only be made to candidates who:
• Can provide acceptable evidence that they meet full vaccination status (3 doses) or provide medical evidence confirming an exemption.
• Successfully complete a National Police History Check and Working with Children Check
CFA is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, inclusive, and safe volunteer and work environment. Our aim is to have a volunteer and paid workforce that reflects the community it serves. First Nations people, women, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close: 11:59pm 28th September 2023
If at any stage of the recruitment and selection process you require an alternative format to the application material or reasonable adjustment to the interview arrangements, please don’t hesitate to contact the person listed on the ad or alternatively, email
The Country Fire Authority (CFA) values your privacy. We will use the information you provide when you are applying for employment with us for the purpose of recruitment, selection, evaluation and appointment and to report on anonymised key metrics (e.g. diversity). The information we collect will be handled in accordance with privacy laws, including the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014. You can view our Privacy Statement here. For access and correction of the information we have collected, contact
Details of how to apply:
Deadline: 28 September 2023