The Colman Education Foundation is seeking an amazing person to join the Our Place team, in the key leadership role of Director, Evaluation.
At Our Place, we believe that supporting local schools to be the hub of a whole community is one of the best ways to enable long lasting change in communities experiencing disadvantage. We enable this by working in partnership with local services, government and the local community to increase collaboration and to support all children and their families to succeed in life.
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, this role provides critical leadership and capability to deliver the Our Place Evaluation Plan and related strategic objectives. The role leads the Our Place Evaluation Team and, as a member of Leadership Team provides whole-of-organisation leadership and direction.
Our Place is at an exciting point in its evaluation journey: as all our sites have now been established, we have refreshed our evaluation agenda to provide a clear, focused path to establish the impact of the Our Place approach at a state-wide level. Working in partnership with Our Place sites, the Leadership Team and the Victorian Government, the Director Evaluation will spearhead our ability to capture data, generate insights, deliver core evaluation products and manage key stakeholder relationships.
If you had been in this role for the past two weeks, you would have:
• Had regular meetings with Evaluation Team members to provide oversight of workplans, manage key risks and support an engaged and collaborative culture.
• Attended meetings with your Leadership Team peers to set strategic direction for the organisation and to seek their input and advise them on evaluation priorities.
• Reviewed and provided input into the development of core evaluation products and data sets to ensure their accuracy, cohesiveness and cut through, including those prepared by Evaluation Team members and consultants.
• Met with counterparts in the Victorian Department of Education to discuss data access and planning requirements under the CEF-DE Data Protocol and to keep them abreast of updates and to advocate for key issues in relation to evaluation.
• Provided feedback and direction to consultants supporting key evaluation products and setting direction for the next stages of their work.
• Supported preparation of reporting and insights to Our Place – Victorian Government governance groups, in collaboration with other Leadership Team members.
• Joined a morning tea to celebrate team members birthdays and to celebrate recent milestones.
• Visited an Our Place site to build your understanding of the requirements of work on the ground and to support local staff in their understanding of evaluation needs and plans.
• Participated in whole-of-organisation team meetings to hear updates from team’s across the state.
• Had a regular 1:1 meeting with the CEO to discuss key issues, received guidance and support and discuss strategic priorities.
Details of how to apply:
At the Colman Education Foundation, we are building a team that is as diverse as the communities we work within. Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply to join our team.
So, if you are passionate about improving life outcomes for children and their families, will bring experience and skills in achieving strategic objectives and are excited about joining a unique organisation then please, send a one-page cover letter and your CV to: Sean Cory, CEO
Deadline: 4 December 2023